Mario J. ParejaArchitect/Founding Partner
Mario Pareja is an architect with more than thirty (30) years experience in architecture and planning.
Mario graduated Cum Laude from the historic Howard University in Washington, DC. where he was the winner of the "Best Design Student Award" in his graduating class of 1988.
Mario began his professional career with Angel Clarens & Associates as a project architect and later as project manager for contracts involving local and federal government entities as well as private clientele. He later joined the firm of Salo Levinas Architects, where he served as project and design manager for various projects including: multi-unit residential, single family residential, administrative, retail, educational, and recreational facilities.
In 1999, Mario Pareja and Suleiman Umar founded UPA (Umar•Pareja Architecture, PLLC) in the District of Columbia.
As firm principal, Mario has significant experience working in North America, Central America, South America and Africa, and fluent in English and Spanish.
Relevant Project Experience
- Bundy School, NW, Washington, DC
- Gales School, NW, Washington, DC
- Visions of Victory School, SE, Washington, DC
- Bingham University, Senate Building, Abuja, Nigeria
- Niger State ICT Center, Minna, Nigeria
- EFCC Headquarters, Abuja, Nigeria
- NOTAP Headquarters, Abuja, Nigeria
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria
- Guzape Boutique Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria
- Urban Shelter Headquarters, Abuja, Nigeria
- Sifax Marriot, Lagos, Nigeria
- Oniru Luxury Apartments, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Private Residences in Quito, Ecuador
- Private Residence in San Salvador, El Salvador
- Private Residence, Aso Villa, Abuja, Nigeria
- Jaafari Lake House, Falls Church, Virginia-USA
- House on the Rock Church, Abuja, Nigeria