Umar Suleiman, R.A. Architect/Managing Partner/CEO
Umar Suleiman is a registered architect with more than thirty (30) years experience in architecture and planning around the world.
He graduated Magna Cum Laude from the historic Howard University in Washington, DC. where he was the winner of the "Best Thesis Award" in his graduating class of 1988.
Suleiman began his professional career with Navy Marshall & Associates as a project architect later as project manager for contracts involving local and federal government entities as well as private clientele.
He later joined the firms of Bignell Watkins Hasser Architects and Salo Levinas Architects, where he served as project architect and project manager on various projects including: multi-unit residential, single family residential, administrative, retail, educational, and recreational facilities.
In 1999, Suleiman and Mario Pareja founded UPA (Umar•Pareja Architecture, PLLC) in the District of Columbia.
As firm principal, Suleiman has significant experience working in North America, Central America, South America and Africa.
Relevant Project Experience
- EFCC Headquarters, Abuja, Nigeria
- Urban Shelter Headquarters, Abuja, Nigeria
- NOTAP Headquarters, Abuja, Nigeria
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria
- Asaba Hilton, Asaba-Nigeria
- Guzape Boutique Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria
- Sifax Marriot, Lagos, Nigeria
- Gales School, NW, Washington, DC
- Oniru Luxury Apartments, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Private Residences in Quito, Ecuador
- Private Residence in San Salvador, El Salvador
- Private Residence, Aso Villa, Abuja, Nigeria
- Jaafari Lake House, Falls Church, Virginia-USA
- 1313 Apartments, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Private Residence at Banana Island, Lagos Nigeria
- SPOG office Headquarters, Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria
- Bingham University, Senate Building, Abuja, Nigeria
- House on the Rock Church, Abuja, Nigeria