Wilson Mancho Architect/Associate Partner
Wilson Mancho is an Associate Partner at UPA (Umar•Pareja Architecture, PLLC). He lives in the Washington metropolitan area but has also lived and practiced in Cameroon where he is a registered member of the National Order of Architects of Cameroon (Ordre National d'Architectes du Cameroun ONAC). Wilson attended Howard University's School of Architecture where he graduated in 1989. He worked with the Njong Architectural Design firm in Cameroon as a lead designer and project manager on several projects. As an Associate of the Njong Archtectural Design firm, he was instrumental in the founding of Societe Buns, which is today recognized as one of the leading Civil Engineering firms in Cameroon.
Besides his background in Architecture, Wilson also has many years of experience as an independent business owner/Entrepreneur. He is the President/Owner of Landmark Enterprises LLC, a Maryland based company, a licensed Realtor in the state of Maryland, and a Board Member/Director of membership of the African Business Owners' Forum (ABOFI, USA).
Wilson has more than thirty years experience working in North America and Africa in design and construction administration. His travels throughout the world: United States, Europe, Asia and Africa have ultimately impacted his design style and influenced his use of functional design. Wilson understands and passionately believes that a cultural balance must be incorporated in design for a seamless flow to exist in mainstream architecture.
Wilson's professional expertise includes the design of exclusive residential properties, in Cameroon and the U.S.; as well as religious, hospitality, landscape and recreational projects. His project management experience ranges from small/major renovations to large scale projects within urban settings, such as financial institutions, residential hostels, hotels, and recreation facilities.
Relevant Project Experience
- The GCR Hotel, Douala, Cameroon
- The Aka Mini Cite, Buea, Cameroon
- DCHA at Sibley, District of Columbia
- PC Azeri Multi-purpose event center, Cameroon
- Tinechong Pres. Church, Cameroon
- Mboussi Residence, Yaounde, Cameroon
- Imani Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria
- Avakian Residence, Fairfax Station, VA
- Oceanfront Endodontics, Virginia Beach, VA
- Andariego Restaurant, Ashton, MD
- El Gavilan Restaurant, Silver Spring, MD
- BelleView Resort, Bali, Cameroon
- Chimtas Green Recreational Park, Abuja, Nigeria
- The Sona E. Residence, Limbe, Cameroon
- The Asokoro Residence, Abuja, Nigeria
- The Campbell Residence, Washington, DC